Click on cover images to link to item records in our catalogue.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sh*t my dad says

Justin Halpern

Cover Image, Sh*t my dad saysOkay, you’ve probably seen the Twitter page on which this book was based, or the TV programme (with William Shatner). But, much as I love the ‘Shat’, I have to say the book is better. Author, Justin Halpern moved back home with his 73 year old father after his girlfriend dumped him and that’s when he started his Twitter page …just all the random, outrageous, hilarious, snort-out-loud things that his Dad came out with. If you are like me, and loathe all things politically correct, then you will love this. Halpern’s dad comes across as an angry red-neck with a heart of gold – I mean despite the swearing, and the harsh, and at times totally inappropriate comments, he does obviously love his family and means well. Actually the final chapter spoke volumes to me.
P.S. This is not for the easily offended and if you don’t like swearing…don’t go there – it’ll make your hair curl.

(Reviewed by Jill)

No comments:

Post a Comment